Saturday, April 23, 2011

Homeschooling and Moving

So, I'm sitting here making a list of all the things I need to get rid of and the things I should pack first when it occurs to me that we still have two months left of "school" that needs to be done. We have the materials and everything, but I'm not sure if we have the time.

If anyone out there who reads this has homeschooled their children as well as moved at the same time, how did you go about the lessons while packing and organizing? Did part of the lesson take part during packing? I could see how this could work with a kinetic learner. I could easily do drills with one of the girls while they occupied their time sticking things in boxes. But I don't have many ideas further than that. I'd like to continue with the lessons we already do. Iris has been picking up on phonics so well, I'd hate to break her stride. Even Rose has figured out greetings in all the languages. Say "Adios!" and she'll wave a goodbye.

If push comes to shove, I think instead of both parents doing the lessons at the same time, one parent packs, the other teaches, and then switch after an hour or so. The only problem I see with that is if one parent needs help, then the whole idea goes out the window.

I seriously need to figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment