Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Quick Note

Rant of frustration:
Why are all nearby conferences and conventions Christian-based? I am Pagan, and either way, I am a secular homeschooler. Religion will be kept out of our teaching until my children are old enough to understand and choose their own faith. As many religious paths will be discussed when they are older as possible. I just wish there was just ONE conference/convention that wasnt centered around their Lord, Jesus Christ. I have no problem with Christianity, it is just not the sole basis part for my curriculum.

/rant

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! Excited about yet another secular homeschooler joining the ranks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely. The lack of a homeschooling convention that is both adequately secular and adequately rigorous is frustrating. Perhaps this is something that Patchfire and I can work on remedying in the next few years. Glad to have another secular homeschooling blogger out there in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete