Thursday, May 17, 2012

Summer Learning Ideas

We like continuing our learnings during the summer time. It's pretty lax, but lately, we've been so bored! While we do take them time to play with toys, run around like we're crazy, and go outside to play with the neighborhood children, have playdates, or just head to the park, it seems like we're missing something. I don't know if it's just that we've gotten so used to doing more school-related things, or if we really like learning, but holy crap are we bored even though our days are busy.

I'm considering doing the world wonders as projects for the summer. Maybe a new world wonder per week, or even every couple of days? I'm not sure; I'm just now hashing it out. I think it would be something fun for all of the children to do, regardless of age or grade. I do have to take into consideration that I have my own classes to keep up with as well as the fact that we are in the middle of a move.

More planning is definitely needed, especially some scheduling...

No comments:

Post a Comment